Our Boat

Our Boat
Westsail 32, s/v Harbinger

Monday, April 29, 2013

M-F Schedule



So true. Me and hubby worked Monday to Friday schedule for years, and what do we have to show for all those years of hard dedicated work, a dwindling and abused 401K that we can't even touch unless we get penalized about 30%.

This is glorified slavery. Employers gave us crappy insurance, days without breaks or lunches, interrupted our weekends, stupid titles without raises, raises so tiny the taxes just took them, and hours without our family.

We are still so programmed to the M-F, from years of schooling and working, it just seems like now we have broken those chains that kept our creativity and spirit locked up.

Now we don't live by a schedule of having to be depressed for Mondays and thankful for Fridays. Or, to hurry up and enjoy the 2 days of the weekend, that really wasn't ours because we had those days to make up for what we did not get done during the week.

Without the M-F schedule when I am at the park on a Tuesday morning I feel guilty, it is so weird. I feel like I should be doing something, going to school or work, and like I don't deserve to have this freedom of going to the park on a Tuesday morning. I am working through this, as I have spent all my life living with a schedule, from preschool-to-college-to-career.

I love life without the M-F schedule. I will do my best not to ever, ever, do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment