Our Boat

Our Boat
Westsail 32, s/v Harbinger

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our Love Story and the Anniversary Tattoos

Well we met when we were in 5th grade, we were around 10 years old.

We both remember what we were doing, swimming in a pool. He lived in a house with a large pool, my mom took me and my sister to his house for a visit. His mom made snacks, a salsa poured over cream cheese served with tortilla chips, which we eat to this day.

Our families spent the next 4 years having fun hanging out. Then his family moved far away up north and we didn't see each other until after our high school graduation when he came back to visit his relatives. We hung out and played, had a good time. Then he left back to home, we didn't romance each other. I had just broken up with a boyfriend and was young and dumb.

Another 5 years went by until we saw each other again, at my sister's wedding in Las Vegas. Oh boy he was a super hottie, and I was too shy to say anything. We both had children by this time, and had already ended a relationship with the parents to our children. But we just talked, he played with my daughter, then he left. I didn't talk to him anymore after that, and wish I would have done something more that night.

Ten years later, we were in our early 30s, he sends me an email. He found me on the internet and was wondering how I was doing. I was SO excited, I responded immediately. We talked online for a couple months, video chatted for a couple more months, then met for a weekend (he was a gentleman, nothing happened, we just hung out and had fun). We parted ways at the end of the weekend, kissed each other and I knew he was the one. I cried all the way home and couldn't wait to see him again. 

Well shortly after this weekend I flew up to him, we made plans, then he flew to me. And I moved in with him, we started our lives together. Got married and had our son, now 7 years have gone by.

On our 4th wedding anniversary, at 40 years old, we decided to ditch our wedding rings and get a tattoo, my first ever tattoo. This was a step towards our plan to sail into a life with less material things and more meaningful adventures. We designed it together, a heart with infinity sign, to signify our love forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment