Our Boat

Our Boat
Westsail 32, s/v Harbinger

Monday, July 22, 2013

Herbs Growing in our Marina

I've been walking our dog everyday for the past two months in the marina admiring various gardens along the trail, never once picking anything. One day I threw the ball and it landed next to these big Purple bushes right in the middle of the gardens near the boat launch area. The smell over powered me, voila there in front of me were hundreds of plants full of purple blooms, it was Lavender. I picked some, then came home and read about what to do with them. At this point, I'm drying them out and saving the good smelling buds, thinking about what to do with them. What a wonderful surprise! 

The next day we were walking back from a trip to town and voila, there were more herbs in the gardens near the front of the marina. I'm not sure if I was just more aware after running into the Lavender that lead me to these ones or that everything is now blooming, either way I am glad I found them. I noticed they've also planted some strawberries, blueberries, and squash. It is fun walking about picking various herbs. I love to pick the basil and rosemary then cook with them. The fresh herbs taste the best!

Below is a picture of my fresh pickings of:
Lavender
Basil
Rosemary



No comments:

Post a Comment