Our Boat

Our Boat
Westsail 32, s/v Harbinger

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Throw Pillows in Salon

While picking out the material for our cushions, in the whole boat, I picked out some materials and pillows to add to sette in salon. Hubby's daughter turned me to Pinterest and showed me several color and decorating variations, this gave me lots of ideas!

The throw pillows we really like and use every day. I made them with a polyester outdoor material and pillows that are special for outdoors (mildew resistant). The covers are made like a slip over, so they can easily be taken off and cleaned. 

This week while doing laundry I threw them in the wash and they came out nice and clean. I find that as we work outside sanding and whatnot, the grime gets in the cabin and it can be tough to get out. And the small hands, from our son, and small paws, from cat n dog, they like to touch everything after eating something sticky n gooey creating a mess everywhere. Thank goodness for vinyl and polyesters that wash n clean easily.

 (Side note: Not all polyester outdoor materials clean n wear well, the material with chevron print for back cushion of sette is horrible, shows all stains, tough to get out stains and is fading with wear, so be careful when picking materials)



No comments:

Post a Comment